Thursday, November 20, 2008

Moving Mountains

Just had to share a direct answer to prayer...
Yesterday I spoke to a receptionist in Charleston about Evie's appointment for the second opinion with Pulmonology. She was somewhat unaccommodating, saying that there was no room to get Evie in during the week that C is home from India before he heads off to Ukraine.
I cant really blame her.
She has a schedule to keep and said that new patients are especially lengthy because of the intake and initial paperwork.
No can do.
I was prepared to just take her myself.
But prayer can move mountains.
I spent a few minutes this morning browsing the internet for info on "progression of Pulmonary Hypertension". Not a good place for me to dwell! God knew I needed a reminder that He is in this! Imagine my surprise early this morning when the same receptionist called me back! God had softened her heart. She told me that she had come into the office this morning with Evie on her mind and she was just going to double book the schedule the day before Thanksgiving so that Evie's daddy could be there too. I was shocked.

It may not seem like moving mountains to you, but no one can deny that God is making straight the path before us. Thank you for your prayers for us again!

Evie has just mastered the trick of pulling her bow out and we just cant have that...
...thought we'd start the day with the upper hand:-)

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Praise God! What a testimony! Why are we ever surprised when we see with our eyes how true and faithful God is to His promises!?

Anonymous said...

THat is wonderful and that picture is just too funny. I love it

Jess said...

I am so glad! Please let me know what they say! I will be praying. I LOVE the picture! She is too cute!
Jess

Amanda-The Family News! said...

Oh that is so wonderful that 'daddy' will get to be there with you for the appt. I LOVE this pic of Evie... I caught Lauren today chewing on her hairbow...not good either!!!!

Anonymous said...

I'm so grateful that the Lord has made His presence known to you (and to us all) so clearly in this journey! Praise the Lord that He placed Evie on the receptionist's heart and that she responded! We will keep praying for the appointment.

In our house we firmly believe that a girl can never have too many hair bows!

Lisa S.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...