Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Tomorrow



I thought I was so laid back about this surgery until I had to sign all the warnings, disclaimers and "possible risk of death" papers today.  Granted, this is small potatoes when you've been through an open heart surgery, but never fun to hand your baby over to surgeons.  

I hadn't prepared myself for the obvious fact that she will have to be on a vent. If all goes well, they will only have to Ambu bag her and wont use the tube unless there is a problem.  Also, I was told today that they will put her under anesthesia after they have taken her away from us....Evie has a very sour disposition to anyone who comes at her in scrubs (for valid reasons) and will probably go kicking and screaming when they wisk her away.  (...and I might have a little melt-down myself!)

Bronchoscopy, insertion of PH probe, UT Catheterization and probing of her blocked duct should take 30mins to an hour.  

I will update from the hospital tomorrow night.  Please keep the following in prayer:

-that she will handle an empty tummy from midnight until her surgery
-that perhaps she will be asleep in the morning when we have to hand her off
-that breathing function will be excellent and lungs will be clear during surgery
-that she'll tolerate the probe in her nose overnight
-for answers!!

Thank you praying friends and burden-bearers!  

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

a meltdown for you would be totally called for at that point i'm sure...we'll be praying for her heart and yours. much love.

The B Family said...

Praying for our precious Evie and for you, too, friend...

His peace to you~ Rebecca

Amanda-The Family News! said...

I will be praying for you and Evie...
What a cute picture of miss sweetie!!!!

Kelly said...

On our hearts....and in His hands!! We are praying!!!! Love you so much!

Lindsay Dean said...

Praying for all of the above and especially for answers. My heart will be with you tomorrow.
Love,
Suzie

Jess said...

Praying for you both! If you need anything I am at the pharmacy all day Wednesday! Heart hugs!
Love, Jess

Mandi said...

Mandy, I am definitely praying for both you and sweet Evie. The Lord has answered so many of your prayers thus far. May your desires be met this time, as well. Thank you for your updates.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...