Thursday, March 12, 2009

Tough Guy!


Tristan had the same response to the Nurse Anesthetist, Anesthesiologist, Nurse Practitioner and Doctor who each poked their heads into Pre-Op to see if he had any questions...
"Yes. Can you please save my add-in-oids so I can see them?"
To which they each responded something along the lines of....
"Ummm... I dont know...are you sure kid?"
He was very brave when they wheeled him away for surgery. The doctor who came to brief us afterwards explained that his were "impressively large" and definitely needed to be extracted, so our little science guy had a good size specimen to examine. :-)

(Eeew!! Not for the faint of heart!)

C asked him if he wanted a milkshake on the way home.
"No," he responded groggily from the backseat. "I think I just want pancakes!"
We figured if he was up to it, why not? He polished off a whopping pile of pancakes at the local Cracker Barrel and there has been no slowing him down since. The Doctor ordered "moderate activity" for the next week.

Wish me luck. Not sure how to enforce that one with an active 6-year-old "all boy"!!!

2 comments:

Raymond said...

Tristan! You're my hero!!! You can have my add-in-oids if you want...

Karen said...

I love Tristan!! This picture with the pancakes makes me smile!! Have fun keeping him de-activated :)
Love you friend,
Karen

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...