Monday, June 29, 2009

Homegoing

There was a tremendous outpouring of support and prayer when I posted about Maggie a couple months ago.  Many of you wrote and some dear ones sent letters and care packages to this amazing woman.  Would you again “dirty your knees” on behalf of this sweet family. Hospice began treating her in her home a couple weeks ago when it became apparent that these are her last days.  They have said that they think she is now in her final hours.  Maggies in-laws have moved home from being missionaries overseas to help Jordan and the kids through these next months.  The family has gathered to love on her in these last moments.  My prayer has been that the Lord will take her quickly.  The tumor is in a part of her brain that controls respiration and we are all praying that it will not be a long struggle.  She is ready and has a peace, knowing that her Lord is waiting with open arms and that it is time to go HOME!  Pray for her precious little ones and loving husband as they grieve an unimaginable loss!

Again, it would be my pleasure to pass on messages, letters or prayers for Jordan or the children if the Lord so leads.

Sharing below what her husband posted a day ago...such sweet devotion!

"Still amazed by my beautiful bride.  After all these years, I have no idea why she married me....so glad she was not more discerning!  Tonight, as she was lying in her bed, resting peacefully, I asked her whether she was afraid of dying.  Although she can no longer speak, she squeezed my hand indicating that she was not.  Then I asked her if she was looking forward to seeing the Father and she emphatically squeezed my hand saying “Yes!”  


I am so proud of her!  Her courage, her grace, her hopeful perseverance.  I am reminded of Paul’s declaration in Romans 5...


“Therefore, since we have been justified by faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ. Through him we have also obtained access by faith into this grace in which we stand, and we rejoice in hope of the glory of God. More than that, we rejoice in our sufferings, knowing that suffering produces endurance, and endurance produces character, and character produces hope, and hope does not put us to shame, because God’s love has been poured into our hearts through the Holy Spirit who has been given to us.”

                                                                                                                       (Romans 5:1-5 ESV)


She’s still teaching me...still loving me...and is still the love of my life!"

3 comments:

Lacey said...

Praying for this sweet family. That its short and painfree.

Heidi Ann said...

Her final moments will be the most peaceful, sacred, beautiful memories her family may ever have. They will feel wrapped in a loving Heavenly Father's arms and Heaven will be almost tangible. They will cry, hurt, love, and be SO grateful they were blessed with this wonderful woman they get to call Mom and wife. My heart aches, it's so hard to say good-bye, it seems SO unfair. However, I KNOW they will not be left alone, I KNOW there is a plan greater than our own. I KNOW they will be grateful for and learn immensly from this experience. The Lord loves them and Maggie. Give them my love. God speed.

Anonymous said...

Praying for you, Maggie, and your family! He is faithful no matter what. We love you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...