Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Soccer Mom

I love being a soccer mom
...and all that implies!
Driving a huge suburban
Toting water bottle, chairs, blankets, sweatshirts and snacks out to the park two nights a week
Watching outraged dads yell at the ref for a bad call
Finding myself ready to pummel the kid who kicked the ball at my sons face
Laughing at the calamity of 10 seven-year-olds clamoring for the ball

But mostly, I just love watching this boy.
I love seeing confidence gained by a pat on the back from his coach.
I love his adorable embarassed grin when the crowd cheers his name.
I love watching him watch a game he loves!
With Izzy, his biggest cheerleader by his side!


7 comments:

sassyshades said...

I love watching my son play soccer also! It goes by so fast so hang on to those wonderful moments!!

Faith M. said...

I LOVE this picture. I had always wanted to be a soccer mom, but so far Trent is not interested. He LOVES golf though. Never would have planned that one. Oh well, God has a sense of humor.

(I sent you an email to the only address that I could find. I have no clue if it's the right one. It's whatever shows up when you leave a comment on my blog.)

Lacey said...

I'm a baseball mom, same concept. Love watchin my little superstar, so small but kicks everyone elses butt. I'm not a proud momma, not at all :)

Donna said...

Golden moments that are wonderful memories some day...

DylKat said...

Love this!! I feel like you wrote this post for me...lol:)

Amanda-The Family News! said...

Oh what a great picture!!!!

JShaffer said...

Sigh, how wonderful!
~Lisa

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...