Thursday, March 18, 2010

All In a Days Work


As embarrassing as it is to admit, it took a drudging 2 hours to climb out from the 6 loads of clean clothes which had accumulated and were looming as Mt. Neverrest in my laundry room. What a sense of satisfaction accompanies seeing rows and rows of garments pristinely folded and bounty freshly scented!

Our laundry room happens to dub as our utility/storage room with rows of cabinets above the counter where the clean laundry waits (for another week until I get around to delivering it to rooms.)

Isabelle who had just come from a tea party at Grandmas where she consumed no less than six cups of highly sweetened tea, climbed atop the counter space to select Twister from the game cabinet. From the kitchen I heard her shriek,
"Oops Mommy. I have a little pob-lem"
Upon investigation, I discovered Izzy straddling a pile of hand towels and freshly folded bed linens. Her poor little bladder which has not had single accident since the day she was deemed "potty-trained" couldn't take the caffeine surge.
I cleaned her up and gathered the piles of clothes up in my arms to send again through the fun spin cycle.
"Oh Izzy", I bemoaned, "now Mommy has to wash these again".
Izzy the forever optimist replied,
"That be a great idea!
.....Mommy, you be a genius!"

.......Im so glad my three year old thinks so!

6 comments:

Josie said...

i think you are right...Izzy does need her own blog. I miss that little girl. She can always bring a smile to your face. Even when the usual response would be anger...such a little imp!

Tyler and Kelly said...

Precious!! You are ever an encouragement to me!! Love you friend!!

katherine said...

DYING LAUGHING!
my dear, you are indeed a genious! :P

Shannon said...

That Izzy is something else! OMG she's funny! :)

If it makes you feel any better, I ALWAYS have piles of clean laundry sitting around. And I only have ONE child!

Actually, I better go work on some laundry right now!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

i truthfully adore your posting type, very attractive,
don't quit as well as keep writing simply because it just very well worth to follow it,
looking forward to looked over more of your current stories, have a great day ;)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...