Saturday, March 13, 2010

Cash Crop in our Couch

Isabelle is going to have to start her own blog. This child is just too funny to share the limelight with the rest of this crew!

After picking over her dinner the other night, I told her there would be nothing else to eat until morning.
Twenty minutes after being excused the inevitable happened...she started whining for a snack.
I was unresponsive as I finished the dinner dishes.
"Mom," she inquired, "da answer gonna be no?"
"Yes Izzy, the answers going to be no".
"Dat ok" she retorted and sauntered out of the room.

That was easy.

Half an hour later, I mistakenly assumed she had moved on when she walked into the room clutching two fistfuls of loose change.

"Mommy, if I cant have a snack, can I buy a snack?"
"Where in the world did you get that" I asked.

She divided the coins neatly into three groups...
Two quarters and a dime dug out from the behind the couch cushions.
$1 and 87 cents she'd stollen from Tristans wallet.
And an assortment of Polish and Indian coins she'd swiped from her Daddy's foreign currency stash.

Got to give her points for resourcefulness and persistence.
In a moment of weakness I did what no self respecting mother would ever do.
I made her return the money with an apology.
And handed her a banana.

6 comments:

Shannon said...

So funny! Izzy's gonna be something in a few years! Ha!

You have to give it to her...she's sharp...and adorable! :)

Lara said...

I knew she was somethin' special the first time I saw her! Love that kid!

Anonymous said...

Nice post and this post helped me alot in my college assignement. Say thank you you for your information.

The B Family said...

I agree...perhaps she does need her own "blob"! She's too cute!

Anonymous said...

Sorry for my bad english. Thank you so much for your good post. Your post helped me in my college assignment, If you can provide me more details please email me.

Anonymous said...

Yes, really. And I have faced it. We can communicate on this theme.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...