Sunday, May 30, 2010

Plan B

Sunday afternoons.
They're my favorite!
I look forward to them all week.
Today had the perfect conditions....dark clouds, a thunderstorm rolling in from the lake and rain spattering on my windows.
Time for our weekly ritual - naptime for Mommy sandwiched between Izzy and Evie.

But alas, Evie slept through the entire worship service this morning in my arms and consequently, had no use for our weekly tradition.

Blast!

If I couldnt have a nap, I moved on to the next best thing...
The girls and I drug out the mixer, measuring spoons and half-a-dozen eggs and whipped up....

Almond Laced Pound Cake with Strawberry Sauce and Whipped Cream!


Did you know?
The secret ingredient to perfect pound cake is a petite princess to lick the bowl!
It was decadent!
So good in fact, that we all had seconds.

...And called it dinner!

5 comments:

Shannon said...

Yummy!! Save me a piece! :)

The B Family said...

Sounds like a plan to me!!!

Guess it's raining on our plans for today, huh? But, I am enjoying the lazy day that it's turning out to be! :) Hope y'all are, too!

Love you~ Rebecca

Rachel C said...

Hey, You gotta do what you've gotta do to get to bedtime, right?
Especially if Dad's not home!

Crystal... said...

Love it.. dinner at your house sounds like FUN!!!!!

katherine said...

ok, you win overachiever of the month award....
oh, and by the way, i think the secret ingredient in this one is evie's hair in the bowl.
:)
yes, yes, i am well aware i am a brat!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...