Sunday, July 18, 2010

A Week of Celebrating



The fun began with a visit from my brother DJ last weekend and his friend Shelby.
Since DJ and Isabelle both have birthdays on the 11th of July, I asked Izzy if she wanted to share her birthday with Uncle DJ.
She thought for a moment and said ".....mmmm.....nope"
Then considered.....and offered to negotiate. "Well....only if we have 2 birthday cakes?"
Smart girl!
I agreed.
She said she'd share, but made it abundantly clear that her cake would be pink.
...and his would not!
On her birthday morning, she went on very special daddy-daughter date. Blueberry pancakes with whipped cream.....yummy!
At breakfast, Daddy gave her her first strand of pearls. She thinks she's a princess!
Her daddy does too!
Her new friend "Kit" came along who has strawberry blonde hair and freckles just like Izzy!
We've since been gearing up for her "Cupcake-Themed Fancy Nancy Birthday Party".
While helping me with the decorations this week, I held up a pink pom-pom that would hang from the ceiling over her tea table at the party.
"What do you think Izzy" I asked.
She gasped theatrically, "Oh Mommy, its so beautiful I could just cry!"
Quite the little drama queen!

Party pictures soon to follow!!

3 comments:

Rachel C said...

Looks like fun!
My girls are the same way - they get very dramatic when they're excited about something. Isn't it great?!?

Shannon said...

Izzy is just so cute! I can't wait to see the party pictures. I'm sure they're adorable!

Laura said...

I can't wait to see the party pictures! You always do amazing parties!!!

Looking forward to tomorrow evening.

Love,
Laura

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...