Monday, September 6, 2010

Labor Day Highlights

Our Labor Day weekend started appropriately with.....a labor! I was called to attend a birth at 5:30 Friday afternoon. I anticipated 24 hours at the hospital and spending the rest of my holiday weekend sleeping it off, but this first time mom took my by surprise. I was home, showered and ready for a weekend of fun by 11:00 that evening!

'Tis the season! Ive had 4 friends welcome babies in the past week! Congratulations Christina, Christi, Kelly and Kim!!
My sweet sis came to play with us this weekend. I had the most relaxing weekend in my own house.....ever! We pretended we were on vacation. Saturday we played on the lake from breakfast until dinner time. Diana and I ate an entire pan of brownies ourselves. We watched chick-flicks, went "window shopping" online, laughed like only sisters can can, and she even substituted as a Science teacher for a little homeschool extracurricular work!
Oh...and Evie may have found her calling. She gave Di a makeover with a paintbrush and some spit. What a great auntie to undergo the abuse!
Hitting that wall of satisfied exhaustion.
Too much fun + too little sleep + a touch of sunburn = 1 tired Mommy!

3 comments:

Shannon said...

Sounds like the perfect weekend!

Wow, awesome mommy...so quick I'm jealous! Ha! :)

Lacey said...

Sounds like a fantastic weekend! Have you been to Cherkassy in Ukraine? Thats where we are headed!

Julie said...

Mandy, I've had such fun visiting here today. I can't get over Diana... She's beautiful just like the rest of your family.

You have such a beautiful blog... Loved every minute here....

Have a blessed day,
Julie

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...