Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Should Have Stayed In Bed

After starting an antibiotic three days ago for bronchitis, you'd think Id be feeling better. Tuesday was a sleepless night with throbbing ear pain, pounding headache and a locked jaw, I finally scheduled an appointment to go in this morning.
Confirmed double ear infection.
Who knew you could get those at 30?!

While at the doctors office, they agreed to let me do my glucose screening test to save me a scheduled trip in on Monday.
Delicious neon orange carbonated syrup was lovely on an empty, already sick stomach.

Baby dear had a dance party inside of me while I tried to wrangle Izzy and Evie for an hour till they could draw my blood.

With plenty of time and great anticipation of nap-time, we headed home.

A "battery not charging" light began to blink on the suburban. Then all the gage needles swung to zero. The car started to lurch. Turn signal quit working and my hazards wouldn't come on as I tried to weave over 3 lanes of traffic to exit. Half way up the ramp, the car ground to a halt.
Cars behind me honked.
Izzy explained sweetly, "Mommy, you need to move!"

Two guys stopped and helped me push the suburban to the closest parking lot from where I called my dear friend Sarah to come bail me out of a bind.
(I should mention that C was out of town and unable to be reached by phone.)
Sarah assured me that her fireman husband would come take a look at the car and that she would come pick me up. What she failed to tell me was that her hero husband Ben was bringing the fire crew....with gear....riding in a big red fire engine!
Picture lights, bells and whistles and my daughters in awe!
.....and me cowering in humiliation!
Tristan was SO bummed when he heard about all he missed!
The guys strode up valiantly offering to "rescue the damsels in distress".

Not my finest hour!

They confirmed that the car was indeed, very, very, very dead! And made sure to bolster my confidence by making remarks about women drivers.

We unloaded car seats, sleeping babies and a backseat full of groceries from my car into Sarah's. She graciously took me to my in-laws where we proceeded to send Izzy through the doggie door to break into their house so we could get keys for another car to use until our Suburban is towed and repaired.

Turns out Izzy is quite a little Houdini!

With visions of nap time quickly fading, we went to pick up drugs for Mommy and to sit in the carpool line for an hour. Relieved that my day could only get better now that my chicks were under my wing and we were headed home, I resolved that our day would get better.

It was at this moment that Tristan produced a note from his teacher saying he'd hit another student with a book.
MY darling child!
It gets worse.....he hit a girl!!

The rest of the afternoon was of course spent dealing with a disciplinary issue.

Walking in the door and 3 feet from the bathroom, Izzy wet her pants. While I was showering her and cloroxing the floor, Britain dropped a grocery bag and a carton of milk exploded.

Small wonder Tylenol is NOT taking care of my headache!


Danielle said...

Oh my word!!!!1 You get two pieces of cake!!!!!

R said...

Wow, seriously - that's a rough day!
Hopefully by now all the kids are asleep and you are relaxing!?!
Tomorrow's gotta be better, right?

Carolina Carters said...

Oh, Mandy! Bless your heart!

I sure hope tomorrow is a much better day for you! And nope, Tylenol wouldn't even touch that one! Ha!

Kelly said...

Bless your heart! I just try to remember when these kind of days happen that at least we will have fond memories and laughs to come (just maybe not today). Here is to tomorrow!

Faith M. said...

You deserve a day at the spa for that one. It most definitely made my day seem like a walk in the park. :-)

Lacey said...

Oh momma, I'm sorry for your horrible momma day! I hope you had a great night!

The Johnson Family said...

Oh sweetie just think today must get better right? If I didn't have class tonight I would bring you dinner.

~Trini C.~ said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Crystal... said...

Oh honey!!!!!!!! HUGS.. and thanks for sharing.. it is so nice to know that I am not the only one with nutty days!!!!!!

Raymond said...

ha... poor thing... not laughing at you... only wondering what your photo would be for "wordless wednesday". Hang in there, Mandy. If anyone can take those rough days with grace and poise, it's you.

Laura said...

Oh my! What a rough day. I hope that you are getting lots of rest and enjoying some quiet time.


Paula said...

Was Alexander with you? Did you feel like moving to Austrailia? Glad you are safe, and hope your day today is MUCH better! (We are 'enjoying 6 + inches of snow, with everything closed, and more snow on the way!)

Donna said...

Gee, was it Friday the 13th??!? You poor thing!! I would seriously have come to help if I had known all that! From bad to wrose...hope you are feeling better by now!!!

P.S. The fire truck is too much...ha!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...