Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Its Christmas Vacation!


Schools out and the kiddos are home for a glorious 2 weeks.  Im super excited to have all my little chicks under my wing for the rest of the holiday season.  Their first day out, we made these.....



A Gingerbread Village
Holiday project # 5

Its a tradition that we make a gingerbread house every year.  Last year the three big kids entered and won a competition with their "Whoville"(Grinch-inspired) creation.  While it was a ton of fun, creating our own design, baking gingerbread from scratch and assembling with homemade royal icing was a three day event.  We decided to streamline a bit this year.  Pre-baked $9.00 Gingerbread Village......Thank you Walmart!  

The set contained 5 individual structures, icing "glue" and all the candy decorations.







We decorated them outside at our picnic table, barefoot on a balmy 70 degree afternoon.  And this my friends, is why I love winter in the South!


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Looks like so much fun! I can't believe how big sweet Evie is!

Lacey said...

Its supposed to be 80 here on Christmas! I'm not missing the snow at all! Our gingerbread houses didn't last long. Especially after I found a certain toddler on the table eating them!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...