Sunday, April 22, 2012

Photo-citis



Ill admit it.
Ive got it bad.
Photo-citis [fó-to-si-tis] noun
A knack for ruining spontaneous fun times by trying to freeze everyone and capture otherwise candid moments on film


I want everything archived.
The mischievous glint in his eye.
That late day filtered sunlight kissing her cheek.
That sassy little wrinkle of her nose.
The muddy feet and slimy hands after he's spent an entire Saturday fishing.

Beauty.  Its everywhere.  Reflections of Him.  Lavish gifts in the unmistakable fingerprints of God.
So Im constantly running to grab my Nikon.

I see it.  Everywhere.  That old run down barn shrouded in kudzu.  The abandon warehouse.  The fence line.  The hay bales in the big open field.  Everything is a backdrop for the perfect photo shoot.  This camera has kept me busy clicking recently!

C rolls his eyes, annoyed.
Tristan runs the other direction.
But these girls....  These girls are pretty used to Mom's antics and play along!

Im having so much fun with recent assignments from some of the designers I work with.
One of my favorites, Dayspring Dresses, asked Izzy, Evie and I to do a fun Mommy & Me line with collaborating boutiques Sprinkling Beaded Necklaces who made the "bling" and Shake Up Snow Designs who creates the cutest "hair candy".




Fun props borrowed from my friend's shop The Painted Lady.  This is my new favorite place to window shop!!

If there is one thing we have lots of at our house, its hair!  Bebes Decor ask for photos of over a hundred hair bows, crowns, headbands and clips.  For my photographer friends, I found a fun new backdrop design place that I got my outdoor scene from.  Photo Pie will print from your own photos and enlarge it to backdrop size.  Awesome for exotic or seasonal scenes that you can then photograph clients in year round!!  Oh the possibilities!  Im so excited to have found this place!




Even Gigi got in on the action for Bebes Decor.


Evie n Lizzie used Evie and Izzy (oh the irony:) for their summer 2012 line. Clearly, pink and black is in this year:)  So fun!



It was a special day to do senior portraits for Morgan recently.  She has been one of my dance students for the past 2 years and is an absolutely precious, Godly young lady and beautiful inside and out!


A fun week ahead with prom pictures and a newborn session.  Oh, and Im completely flattered and excited about this opportunity...Groupon asked if they could include Mandy Smith Studio in a Mother's Day special that they are running May 1st.  It will be a learning experience for me Im sure.  A little nervous about taking it on, but excited to meet new locals and snap some sweet tender moments between generations!



No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...