Sunday, April 15, 2012

Resurrection Sunday


In Christ Alone, my hope is found
He is my light, my strength, my song
This Cornerstone, this solid ground
Firm through the fiercest drought and storm

What heights of love, what depths of peace
When fears are stilled and strivings cease
My Comforter, My All-in-All
Here in the love of Christ, I stand!



A very sweet uncle sent Easter dresses for the girls:)
Somebody knows our favorite color!!!
Tristan is probably her favorite person - SUCH a great big brother!



It may not be obvious in all the photos, but Gigi was a REALLY sick lil' cookie on Easter last Sunday!  The day before Good Friday, I took her to the Pediatrician for an unrelated issue....while we were there, her doctor noticed her runny nose and suggested we do a quick screening for RSV.
Um....sure....  Why not since we're here.

I was SHOCKED when the call came a couple hours later that Gigi had indeed tested POSITIVE for this yucky virus.  After watching her battle feeling MISERABLE for several days, I began to understand exactly WHY Evie and her compromised immune system qualified for Synagis her first two years of life....those immunizations against this virus that cost upwards of $2500 per month!!  
RSV is a beast!!  
Her misery was amplified by the fact that I took her back in on Monday worried because she had cried all weekend, and discovered that the poor thing had a double ear infection.  Ouch!!  It was so unlike her to just whine any time I put her down and fuss no matter what we did to console her.  We had a rough go this week, but she is finally back to her sweet, easy-going, happy little self.
So glad!!

4 comments:

Evie n Lizzie said...

Everyone is beautiful! I am so happy Gigi is feeling better!

Jennifer said...

such a beautiful family! I am glad to hear GiGi is on the mend.

Donna said...

Yes, so glad to hear she is OK now!!

What a gorgeous clan all dressed in pink!...Oh and Tristan so handsome too!!!

Love All Over the Land said...

Theses are the pics Zoe insists on seeing everyday (now she has to listen to your music too :-) She ID's Chad by his name now (not dad) and asked to pray for you guys this morning :-)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...