Saturday, October 12, 2013

Grief

The news is hours old, but it still takes my breath away every time I think about my sweet friend Carla...and try to imagine myself in her shoes.


We've known Chris and Carla for about 6 years.
I was so honored to be by Carla's side for the delivery of two of her sons Charley and Meyer.   I watched Chris cut the cords when his two boys were born.  I saw him hold Carla's hand and apply cold compresses to her head as she labored to bring their children into the world.   And shortly before their second birth, they adopted sweet Israel from Ethiopia.  This busy momma keeps up with three boys under 5 years old!  Their lives have been characterized by such trust in the Lord and obedience to what He has called them to.


Yesterday, Chris at a young 32 years of age, collapsed while playing ultimate frisbee with friends and died.  In an instant, he passed from this broken world, into eternity with Christ.  What a celebration of his homecoming I know is happening in heaven right now.  His was a life well-lived.  But how I ache for sweet Carla as she breaks the news to her boys this morning.   Its so surreal.  The pain is fresh and their lives are forever altered.  Holding them close in prayer from a million miles away and asking you, our sweet friends who have carried us in prayer through some dark night, to lift them to the Father as well.  May His arms comfort and console when ours are helpless to do anything.


Psalm 116:15
"Precious in the sight of the Lord is the death of his faithful servant."


4 comments:

cici said...

This is so heartbreaking. I am so very sorry .Please know Carla, the boy's and Chris's Parents will all be in my Prayers for comfort and understanding.
And a Prayer for you as you grieve this tragic loss of a friend.

Rachel C said...

Crying and I don't even know them. I will be praying hard for this family.

Anonymous said...

Such a sobering reminder to treasure each moment we have with our loved ones... Praying with you for Carla, the Lord is the only One with the power to comfort her and the boys...

Anonymous said...

Such a sobering reminder to treasure each moment we have with our loved ones... Praying with you for Carla, the Lord is the only One with the power to comfort her and the boys...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...