Friday, October 17, 2008

Spoken Too Soon


All that about a month in the clear....So we do the Evie dance....two-steps-forward, one-step-back!

After her gold-star visits with Cardiology and Pulmonology this week, she came home and promptly started misbehaving.  The last two nights, her oxygen saturations have been low 80's (normal is above 95), she's developed a nasty, painful ear infection and we changed sheets three times last night because she started throwing up.

Both her Pediatrician and Pulmonologist have urged us to get her back to MUSC for a second evaluation of her heart sooner rather than later.  Her chronic lung disease may or may not be related to a residual heart problem.  They are putting her on oxygen over the weekend and trying to get the referral expedited to have her seen in Charleston early next week.

And just when things were going so well!  
My heart is heavy.  We have seen her far sicker.  We've watched her battle much worse, but still it grieves me to see my baby fighting so hard.  These unanswered questions keep me leaning hard into the Lord for assurance.  

Right where He wants me, I know!  

Psalm 62
5)Find rest O my soul in God alone;
My hope comes from Him.
8)Trust Him at all times
Pour your hearts out to Him for God is our refuge.
11) One thing the Lord has spoken, two things I have heard
That You O God are strong 
and that You O Lord are loving!"

6 comments:

Amanda-The Family News! said...

I will be praying for Evie - and all of you...

Becky said...

I am so sorry. I too will be praying for little Evie, and hoping she gets to feeling better real soon.

Becky

JShaffer said...

Oh Mandy, I am crying out to God for all of you. Amen to the verses in Pslams that you quoted, God is strong and loving, may He be these things in you right now and may He be Evie's Strength and Healer. I love you!
~Lisa

Anonymous said...

praying with you!!!

Anonymous said...

Mandy,

We missed you and your beautiful family yesterday at CC. I see why you were missing now. Praying that Evie will be better and that His peace will continue to surround you. Please let me know if I can help.

Jess said...

I will be praying for you and the family. Please let me know if I can do anything for you.
Jessica

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...