Wednesday, April 21, 2010

On Golden Pond

This job wears me out some days. We're in the trenches together moms! There are days I feel like a lousy parent. I feed my kids kraft mac-n-cheese more often than Id like to admit. Sometimes PMS or a bad hair day makes me want to crawl back under the covers. I loose my patience, loose creativity and loose my mind often in this role as mom. There are dust-bunnies procreating on every horizontal surface in my house and as of today, there are unsightly patches on my kitchen wood floor where Ive scrubbed off the polyurethane finish in an attempt to remove the contents of spilled bottle of hot pink nail polish.

But God always graciously gives those "moments" when we need them most. Those golden reminders that these days are fleeting. Someday I wont have to go in the bathroom and lock the door and turn on the fan just to get 30 seconds of peace and quiet to myself. But someday I will ache for the clamor and chatter and chaos that fills every corner of our home and moment of our lives!

I threw in the towel with school at lunch time today.....best decision all week! We headed out to the lake for the afternoon and had a marvelous time. We played together and laughed and splashed. Years from now, they wouldnt have remembered what we were going to cover in our history lesson this afternoon.....but I will still remember the halo of sunlight around my blondies.
And their giggles echoing across the lake.
And the afternoon breeze with lil' bit shivering, wrapped in a towel in my arms.
I love these precious moments.
Im scared to blink...they'll be over too soon!




5 comments:

Lacey said...

Sounds like the perfect day to me. If only we had a lake that close!

Gwen said...

That's what Id like to be doing right now. Looks like fun! My, Evie has grown!

Christine said...

I love this post! Your kids are just precious and I completely understand your Mac N Cheese days...I have them a lot too :-)

Hannah said...

Mandy!
Can I just say I absolutely love reading your blog!
This might sound kinda weird but reading your blog reminds me of the Anne of Green Gables book series when her and Gil have their 6 kids!
You guys sound like you have a lot of fun!!!
Hope you are having a great week!

shannon said...

I know what you mean, and isn't it amazing how just as things feel like they are spinning out of control or our heads are about to burst, a little ray of sunlight shines down on us and all is well again? I have those moments, too, and then something silly or ridiculous happens and makes me realize smile at the blessings that surround me!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...