Tuesday, December 7, 2010

This n' That

So, with our news "out", you'll understand why my blogging has all but come to a screeching halt. Never, ever in my life have I been so sick....including my pregnancy with the twins. Ive spent more hours slumped over the toilet than I care to recollect.
Smells make me nauseous.
Temperature changes makes me nauseous.
I throw up my anti-nausea medicine.
Every single morsel of food makes me want to vomit.
Not eating makes me vomit.
My waking thought is "how many hours till naptime?". Ive become that housewife that I never wanted to be.....you know, the one who wears her husbands sweat pants and doesn't put on a smidge of make up. My attitude needs an adjustment. My laundry room looks like Hurricane Katrina blew through and my poor family has had a steady diet of odorless, nutrition-less Kraft Mac n' Cheese. I dont know if its just that Im older.....or chasing more kids this pregnancy or what, but the fatigue is killing me! Since my "creative time" is after the kids go to bed, blogging has fallen by the wayside since Im crashing on the couch at 8:00 every night. This too shall pass!
(.....just not soon enough!)
Im great with babies, but do not handle the pregnancies gracefully! Im 14 weeks and very hopeful that Im turning a corner with the second trimester now here.

Here I am weeks overdue for a Thanksgiving post.
sigh......

A great time in Atlanta with my family! The highlight may very well have been watching my Grandfather who is a couple months shy of 90 take the 4 wheeler for a spin! Forever young!
Nothing like the south....we ate our Thanksgiving dinner outside on Mother & Daddy's front porch with 30+ siblings, cousins, grands and great-grands seated around one looooooong table. A balmy 70 degrees!

My kiddos learned and recited the following....we used to say it every year growing up.
Thanksgiving table, this is it
And a chair where each may sit
Each one will have a plate, a cup and a spoon
We'll eat and eat till afternoon
And everyone will chatter
The turkey will rest on a platter
The gravy will be in a boat shaped bowl
And I will have a drumstick whole
We'll drink milk from a pretty glass
(and only let the celery pass)
And then I'll have a piece of pie
I think I can eat it
If I try.

3 comments:

Sarah D said...

Oh Mandy! I am praying for you!! My last pregnancy was like that... different from all the others. But my Asher was so worth it. Once I get past the first trimester I'm great, I feel better pregnant than I do any other time of my life. It's after baby is here that I dread... sad... but I do. Post-pardem does not treat me well. Once my baby is three I start to get better, tho.

Donna said...

Congratulations!! So happy for you!!...not that you are sick,...just about another little one!! Six is a nice number and since you are such a phenomenol mother...what a lucky baby!! Hope you will feel well enough to blog through it all so we can keep up with you. Can't wait to see the new gorgeous pictures of this new one!
You Thanksgiving pics are Norman Rockwellian...such a beautiful, traditional table!
Again....so happy for you, Mandy!!!

Julie said...

Every time I see your huge family it makes me cry. I'm sorry you've been so sick... maybe triplets this time:) Thankfully I haven't been as sick but I have had 0 energy. It makes me feel better to know that your laundry room looks like my entire house!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...